Curly’s Tailgate Challenge Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Curly’s Tailgate Challenge Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins on August 1, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on November 2, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Promotion Period”). The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia that are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees of John Morrell & Co. d/b/a Curly’s Foods (“Sponsor”), Marsh Brand Partners., and Athlon Sports Communications, Inc. (“ASI”) and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, public relations agencies, prize suppliers, including any vendors providing services in connection with this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and employees, agents, directors, officers (including members of their immediate family – i.e., spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren – or same household) of Sponsor or any Sweepstakes Entities are not eligible to participate.
- TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, you may enter the Sweepstakes by completing the Sweepstakes registration and/or entry form(s) at www.CurlysTailgating.com. You must follow all instructions and provide all requested information in completing your entry. All information you provide must be truthful and accurate.
Upon completing the step listed above, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per person and per household address. No mechanically produced or reproduced entries of any kind permitted. Multiple entries (whether by means of software-generated, automated processes or otherwise) will be void and may result in disqualification of those involved. Illegible and incomplete entries are void. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected entries or entries not received. In the event of a dispute over who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account identified on the online entry form. The authorized account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or online organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- PRIZE DRAWINGS: After the close of the Promotion Period, potential winners for the prizes identified below will be selected by Sponsor via random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZES: Upon verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor will award the following prizes to applicable winners of this Sweepstakes, subject to the terms and conditions in these Official Rules:
- Grand Prize (1): There will be one (1) Grand Prize Winner that will be awarded a trip for two (2) to a city of the winner’s choosing that is hosting a NCAA Division I men’s football bowl game during the 2015-2016 post-season (excluding the college championship game, official playoff games and any games taking place outside of the continental United States). Travel must be taken around the time of the bowl game being played in that location. The Grand Prize is comprised of: round-trip coach airfare for two (2) from a major commercial airport near the Grand Prize Winner’s place residence to a major commercial airport near the location of the applicable bowl game (airports selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion); three (3) nights’ standard hotel accommodations (single room/double occupancy) in a hotel of Sponsor’s choosing; rental car and fuel stipend; and either: (a) a $500 gift card to be used by the Grand Prize Winner during the trip, or (b) event access for two (2) to the applicable bowl game occurring in the applicable city, provided that: (i) event access is still available for the applicable bowl game; and (ii) the Grand Prize Winner works and coordinates with ASI’s Events Department, who will secure event access. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $4,505.00.
All travel arrangements for the Grand Prize must be made through Sponsor or its designated agent. Any costs or expenses associated with the trip, or acceptance and use of the trip, not specifically set forth above (such as security fees, gratuities, additional transportation, and incidental charges) are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner and their Guest (as defined below) must possess and show valid travel documents, prior to departure (e.g. valid driver’s license, or other acceptable government-issued identification). Winner’s Guest may be required to execute and return to Sponsor a Liability Release and/or Publicity Release in advance of booking travel arrangements. Once airline tickets have been ticketed, no changes will be permitted. Sponsor will determine airline, airports, flight itinerary, rental car and fuel stipend, and hotel in its sole discretion. Travel and accommodation restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. ARV may vary depending on point of departure and may fluctuate due to market conditions, changes in value of components (e.g., air transportation and hotel rates), and other reasons beyond Sponsor’s control. ARV at time of actual Grand Prize award may be different than ARV stated herein due to such conditions. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value of Grand Prize upon award will not be awarded. Guest companion (“Guest”) for the trip must be eighteen (18) years of age or older or winner must be Guest’s parent or legal guardian in order to travel with winner. Winner and his/her Guest must travel on the same itinerary. Winner and his/her eligible Guest must comply with all requirements for air travel and must comply with security and other applicable travel and lodging requirements, as well as all laws and regulations, as applicable. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to provide ground transportation in lieu of airfare for travel. Sponsor is not responsible if game is delayed, postponed or canceled for any reason. Additional travel conditions, limitations and restrictions may apply. Sponsor is not responsible for cancellations or delays of flights.
- Second Prize (3): There will be three (3) Second Prize Winners each of who will receive one (1) Athlon Sports Gift Certificate in the amount of $550.00. All gift certificates and/or gift cards awarded pursuant to this Sweepstakes shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable certificates and cards, and the laws and regulations of the Winner’s jurisdiction of residence.
- Third Prize (5): There will be five (5) Third Prize Winners each of who will receive ten (10) VIP coupons for Curly’s BBQ or Captain Morgan BBQ products. ARV for each Third Prize is $89.90.
ARV of all Prizes: $6,244.90.
Limit one (1) prize per person and per household address. Prizes are awarded “AS IS.” Neither Sponsor nor Sweepstakes Entities make or offer any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied (including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize. Prizes may not be combined with any other offer. Prize cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize, or portion thereof, with a prize of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. Winners and their eligible Guests are responsible for their own costs and expenses associated with the acceptance or use of the prize that are not specifically stated above. Prize elements are subject to the terms of the issuers including, if applicable, blackout dates, restrictions, and expiration dates. Gift certificates/cards and coupons awarded are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prize details and availability are subject to change, in which case a prize of equal value may be substituted at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes consist only of the items listed, are non-transferable, with no cash redemption or substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Federal, state, or local taxes on prizes, if any, and any other costs, fees or expenses not listed above are the sole responsibility of each winner. Winners may receive an IRS 1099 form reporting the value of their prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or gift cards/certificates.
- NOTIFICATION: Potential winner(s) will be notified by available phone number or mail/email address, as determined solely by Sponsor. Potential Winners must respond to Sponsor’s notice within forty-eight (48) hours after the time of notice or else that potential winner may be disqualified. To claim a prize, Sponsor may require potential winner(s) to complete, sign, and return Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release/Publicity Release (where permitted) agreements, and other applicable documents, which may require a social security number, postmarked within ten (10) days of the date on the notification. At Sponsor’s discretion, winners may be required to produce a picture or some other form of proper identification, as determined by Sponsor, to claim any prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with prize of equal or greater value. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to timely claim the prize, is disqualified, fails to timely execute and return any required forms, or if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, an alternate winner will be selected from other potential winners and/or by random draw from all remaining eligible entries. If by reason or printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules, a random drawing will be held to award the advertised number of prizes in the relevant category. Under no circumstances will more than the advertised number of prizes be awarded. The Second Prizes and Third Prizes will be e-mailed or mailed to the winners within approximately two (2) weeks after the winners have been confirmed.
- NO LIABILITY & INDEMNIFICATION: Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and entrants release each from any failures of any kind (whether caused by computer, technical, or human error) which may either limit the entrant’s ability to submit an entry, claim a prize, or otherwise participate in this Sweepstakes, or Sponsor’s ability to include all eligible entries, conduct random drawings, notify potential winners, or otherwise execute this Sweepstakes in the manner intended. Entrants further release and agree to indemnify Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever arising from injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with this Sweepstakes including, but not limited to: (a) the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded; (b) any travel or prize-related activity; (c) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or any other materials disseminated by Sponsor; and (d) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers, or providers used by an entrant or Sponsor.
- OTHER TERMS: Decisions of Sponsor on all matters related to the Sweepstakes are final. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes for any reason, including but not limited to, if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes, or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper administration of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify or prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation or with any provision in these Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL & CIVIL LAWS. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND/OR SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY INDIVIDUAL MAKING ANY SUCH ATTEMPTS TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- DISPUTES: Except to the extent not permitted by applicable law, each entrant agrees: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the the federal or state courts in the Commonwealth of Virginia; (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, excluding attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain an award for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All claims or disputes related to or involving these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- WINNER LIST: To obtain a list of winners (available after November 16, 2015 and pending confirmation of winners), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (residents of Vermont may omit return postage) to: Marsh Brand Partners, 333 East 8th St., Cincinnati, OH 45202. Requests must be received by January 16, 2016
- SPONSOR: John Morrell & Co. d/b/a Curly’s Foods, 805 E Kemper Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45246