1 package store bought pizza dough
Flour, to roll out pizza dough
¼ cup olive oil
¼ to ½ cup storebought or homemade barbecue sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 ½ cups shredded gouda cheese
¼ red onion, thinly sliced
½ rack Curly’s 24 ounce Baby Back Pork Ribs, meat removed from bones and shredded (about six ribs)
1 cup arugala
Optional: Roasted garlic and crushed red pepper flakes, for serving
How to Make
- Heat grill to medium heat. Grill ribs for about 20 minutes according to package instructions.
- While ribs are grilling, roll out pizza dough on a floured surface. Transfer to a sheet pan and brush top with olive oil.
- Once ribs are cooked, remove from heat. Increase grill to medium high heat.
- Once grill is hot, place pizza dough on the grill, oil side down. Quickly using a brush, brush the top of the pizza dough with remaining oil.
- Flip pizza dough once deep brown and golden brown grill marks appear (about 2 minutes.) Grill other side of dough.
- Once dough is grilled but not crispy, reduce heat to low. With the dough still on the grill, add sauce, mozzarella cheese, gouda cheese, red onions and ribs to the dough. Close grill cover and cook about 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Top with arugala and garlic and red pepper flakes if desired.
Notes: You can finish the pizza for about 3-5 minutes under your oven broiler to get cheese extra melted, brown and bubbly.