Create and enjoy less time in the kitchen and more time with your family and friends with CURLY’S BBQ that was cooked for hours, but is ready in minutes for you!
BBQ Monte Cristo Ingredients
1 package Curly's Pulled Pork
8 Hawaiian rolls small hamburger bun size
8 slices deli turkey
8 slices Swiss cheese
Funnel cake batter
Strawberry Habanero Jam Ingredients
1 1/2 cups strawberry jam
4-5 strawberries chopped
1 orange habanero pepper diced
1 orange bell pepper chopped
Build your Monte Cristo Sandwiches:
1. Slice Hawaiian buns in half.
2. Layer each sandwich with 1 slice deli turkey, 1 slice Swiss cheese, and 2 heaping Tablespoons of Curly's Pulled Pork.
3. Place the top bun on top of your sandwiches, and gently press the edges to "seal" contents of sandwich.
To Cook Your Monte Cristo Sandwiches:
1. Heat 3 cups of vegetable oil in a dutch oven or frying pot. While oil heats, prepare funnel cake batter according to directions on package.
2. Using tongs, dip sandwich into funnel cake batter. Turn until sandwich is fully coated in batter, then gently place in oil.
3. Fry for 2-3 minutes until the outside of sandwich is a light golden brown. Remove from oil and set on a paper towel-lined plate to cool. Repeat with all sandwiches.
To Make the Strawberry Habanero Jam:
1. Combine strawberry jam, fresh strawberries, orange bell pepper, and habanero pepper in a food processor or blender.
2. Chop until all ingredients are well incorporated and sauce is a smooth consistency with no large chunks.